Editor and Document Manager (Part-time, Remote)
Do you have an English, Writing, or Journalism degree? Do you thrive in the fields of information technology, computer and information science or business administration?
We are seeking an enthusiastic and detail-oriented Editor and Document Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate should possess a strong knowledge of the English language and be able to use the language to write, review, and edit blog posts, SOPs (standard operating procedures), and other documents. The ideal candidate should also be able to create a standardized organization process of those documents in an online digital library. They should have a firm grasp of Google Docs and Microsoft Word and have effective time management, project management, and organization abilities.
The successful candidate will produce high-quality documentation that meets language, cultural, and industry standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
Day to day, the person in this role will review documents before they are published and create new ones as needed. They will also ensure the accuracy of all materials, check for spelling and grammar mistakes, provide feedback on any revisions that need to be made, and more. They will also create and monitor internal and shared process documents and organize them in an online document management tool.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with great attention to detail, who has a love for the written English language, and a knack for managing their time efficiently!
- Proofread and correct digital documents before they are published
- Correct spelling and grammar mistakes
- Identify and correct misuse of words and phrases
- Ensure accuracy of all materials (verification)
- Provide feedback on any repetitive errors to the writer
- Write standard operating procedures from feedback from team
- Create and maintain the information architecture/document management system.
- Excellent English grammar skills
- Excellent English writing skills
- Excellent English editing skills (proofreading and correcting)
- Project management skills
- Experience with document management procedures and standards.
- Familiarity with productivity tools such as Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with Google Drive and other document management tools.
- Strong attention to detail
- Good time management ability
- Great organizational skills
Remote work options are available. You must have excellent internet connectivity, a reliable computer, a current browser, and work Eastern Daylight Savings time hours between 8 am and 5 pm.
Hourly rate of $20 and primary care health benefits.
If qualified and interested, send your cover letter and resume to Beth Mast at [email protected]. Lack of ability to follow directions will disqualify you.